Happy Earth People Chickpea fusilli is made from nothing but 100% pure chickpeas. All our pasta is handmade and is a much healthier alternative to their high-carb or wheat-based counterparts. The high protein and fiber content keeps you fuller for longer, while remaining naturally and totally, gluten free.
With just a 6 minute cooking time and a scrumptious nutty flavour – you’re bound to want to keep these in your kitchen cupboard!
HOW TO USE
Add the pasta to rapidly boiling, salted water. We recommend using a timer from when the pasta is put into the pot. Cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente (depending on stove and preference) and voilà! Enjoy with your favourite sauces, veggies and accompaniments.
- Free from gluten, grain and nut, sugar, soya, GMOs
- 100% vegan
- 250g packet serves 4
- We use non-certified organically grown chickpeas and are constantly on the hunt for locally grown legumes
- The packaging is entirely biodegradable
- Legumes are water-efficient and help keep the soil fertile and healthy
- Growing and supporting the pulse industry is not only good for you, but good for the planet too!
MORE INTERESTING INFO
The lentil is one of the oldest and hardiest foods. There is no legume more resistant to arid lands than the lentil. It needs very little water to grow and can survive the coldest of climates.
With their impressive nutritional profile it’s no wonder they have been a treasured foodstuff since the Egypt of the pharaohs. Archaeologists also discovered traces of lentils buried with the dead in Egyptian pyramids. The humble lentil had by this time already reached mythical status and was praised for its ability to enlighten the mind, even in the afterlife.