- Vegan-friendly burger mix
- Made with activated whole food ingredients
- Tasty & filling
- A great source of plant-based protein
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Easy to prepare
- Lentils, Chickpeas, Onion, Carrot, Beetroot, Sunflower Seeds, Tomato, Paprika, Kalahari Desert Salt, Cumin, Coriander, Mustard, Oregano, Thyme, Black Pepper.
Instructions (Two large burgers)
*** NOTE New recipe has buckwheat and takes 180ml of boiling water ***
- Mix 1 pouch(115g or approximately 150ml) of dry mix with 180ml boiling water and 1 tsp oil.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes covered.
- Form into two large patties or four smaller ones, approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add a splash of oil
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 minutes on each side or till crispy brown.
- If it’s charring turn more often. If it’s not going crispy brown, turn up the heat for the last minute.
- To get a firmer burger, let the mix sit in the fridge for a while longer.
- Our burgers hold together really well, so you can add some grated veg to customise the taste and texture.
- Pre-cook for 2 mins each side, then throw on the braai with some basting for a real treat
- This burger mix can also be used as a great mince substitute in a Bolognese sauce or even cottage pie. Prep the burgers the same way as above. But as you’re frying them, start to break them up a bit and throw into a fresh sauce for a meaty, chunky taste.