We’re crazy about the humble legume and all its wonderful health benefits. Our Happy Earth People Red Lentil Fusilli is made from nothing but 100% red lentils and offers almost 24 grams of protein and plenty of fiber.
Red lentils provide you with steady and sustained plant-powered energy, and are rich in fibre and complex carbs. Plus, they’re also relatively low on the glycemic index and gluten free. Yay!
HOW TO USE
Add the pasta to rapidly boiling, salted water. We recommend using a timer from when the pasta is put into the pot. Cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente (depending on stove and preference) and voilà! Enjoy with your favourite sauces, veggies and accompaniments.
100% red lentils
- Free from gluten, grain and nut, sugar, soya, GMOs
- 100% vegan
- 250g packet serves 4
- We use non-certified organically grown red lentils and are constantly on the hunt for locally grown legumes
- The packaging is entirely biodegradable
- Legumes are water-efficient and help keep the soil fertile and healthy
- Growing and supporting the pulse industry is not only good for you, but good for the planet too!
MORE INTERESTING INFO
The lentil is one of the oldest and hardiest foods. There is no legume more resistant to arid lands than the lentil. It needs very little water to grow and can survive the coldest of climates.
With their impressive nutritional profile it’s no wonder they have been a treasured foodstuff since the Egypt of the pharaohs. Archaeologists also discovered traces of lentils buried with the dead in Egyptian pyramids. The humble lentil had by this time already reached mythical status and was praised for its ability to enlighten the mind, even in the afterlife.